Faustin A. Pipal, Jr. Esq. Biography
- JD, Northwestern University School of Law
- MA, Northwestern University School of Speech, Communication Studies
- BS, Northwestern University School of Speech, Communication Studies
- Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution: “You’re Fired!” Resolving Workplace Disputes through Mediation and Other ADR Processes taught by Eric R. Galton and Tracy L. Allen, June 2016
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals: Advanced Mediation Training, August 11-13, 2011
- Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution: “Mediating in the Red Zone: Raising Your Settlement Rates” taught by Eric R. Galton and Tracy L. Allen, October 2010
- “Advanced Mediation Training” taught by John R. Van Winkle, March 2009
- “Advanced Mediation Training” taught by Jeffrey Krivis, October, 2008
Mr. Pipal has been a litigator since 1980. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in products liability, substantial personal injury, employment and commercial matters. His experience litigating civil matters instills confidence in his clients during the mediation process. Since 1993 he has mediated over 3,000 cases involving wrongful death, personal injury, premises liability, insurance coverage, commercial and employment disputes, and over 90 percent of these cases settled as a result of his efforts. Mr. Pipal is an approved mediator in the EEOC’s external mediation program. He is also an approved mediator in the Cook County Law and Chancery divisions’ mediation programs.
Mr. Pipal was a presenter on mediation strategies at the 2010 Council on Litigation Management Conference in Jacksonville, Florida. He has taught Alternative Dispute Resolution to judges and specially selected attorneys in Lake and McHenry County, Illinois. Mr. Pipal served on the Cook County Circuit Court, Law Division Special Committee on Mediation. He has written extensively, including a recently published article entitled “Being there: Presence of the decision-maker at mediation.” Mr. Pipal regularly lectures on mediation to bar groups, to law students at the University of Chicago, and to church leaders at the Theodore Hesburgh Center at Catholic Theological Union.
Mr. Pipal is a member of National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. He is past President of the Chicago Chapter of the nation’s leading alternative dispute resolution group: the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR). Mr. Pipal was a founding board member and officer of the Coordinated Advice and Referral Program for (Pro Bono) Legal Services (CARPLS), and is actively engaged in the National Center for the Laity as its Vice President. Mr. Pipal serves on the Board of Directors of the Illinois Equal Justice Foundation. He is also a past member of the following Boards: the Board of Directors of the Center for Conflict Resolution, the Board of Managers of the Chicago Bar Association, and the Board of Directors of Chicago Bar Foundation, among others.
To schedule mediation or arbitration with Faustin Pipal, please contact Mike Weinzierl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-346-3770 ext. 125.